Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF SOLFERINO (MN)
The settlement opportunity identified by the Solferino Municipality is the publicly owned greenfield area "Settlements in the Artisan Zone" with approximately 11.000 sqm.
The Municipality has planned the implementation of urbanization works concerning the reconstruction of the road surface and signage, the establishment of a video surveillance system, the upgrading of the public LED lighting system and the connection to the ultra-wideband of the streets next to the opportunity area. In addition to that, the Municipality has carried out marketing and promotion actions.
The Municipality of Solferino is active in streamlining, it uses and implements both the telematic desk and the electronic company for the presentation of data and documents including the status of practices verifiable directly from your PC.
In terms of tax benefits, it provides for a 21% TARI reduction for all investors who intend to settle in the proposed areas.The municipality also reduces the standard urbanization charges (9.51 € / m2) and improvement (7.51 € / m2) as well the expenses needed to change designation of use by 21%.
In detail, the Municipality implements the following actions:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction making sur not to introduce additional expenses.'
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 10,2‰ in the areas identified.
- Reduces the TARI [waste disposal tax] by 21% from the current amount.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses for the identified areas, as follows: Standard parameter of the Municipality: €/sqm 9,51 Improvement parameter for the identified areas: €/sqm 7,51
- Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 21%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
- Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.
The Municipality of Solferino has a very particular location as it is located in a border area that is affected by the socio-economic influences of: 2 regions, Lombardy and Veneto; 3 provinces, Mantua, Brescia and Verona; Lake Garda.
An easily accessible territory which, in addition to being covered by the surface public transport service, managed by the province of Mantua, is connected with the two A4 and A22 motorways, the Brennero motorway, with the Goitese and Benaco state roads, with the railway stations of Desenzano del Garda and Lonato, with 3 international airports less than an hour away by car, as well as with the Port of Mantua – Valdaro, reachable in 40 minutes by car. Its strategic location allows the exchange of goods in different modes of transport and configures it as a trimodal platform.
Widespread entrepreneurship: the vast area has a fairly balanced presence of production even if it shows a particular concentration in the textile-clothing and agri-food processing sector. There is also the processing of metal products and the construction sector, linked to the tourism sector. Production and service crafts are a niche sector (pottery, glass, leather and wrought iron).
The Mantuan economic scenario is made up of over 40,800 businesses, of which 16.9% is made up of the economic area of Castiglione delle Stiviere (6,896 registered businesses), which also includes the Municipality of Solferino (268 businesses). Within it there is a prevalence for the service sector (29.19%), followed by that of commerce (21.72%), agriculture (20.23%), construction (16.11% ) and industry (12.75%). With 3.9% of the companies out of the total, Solferino is in the penultimate place within the economic area of Castiglione delle Stiviere. The municipality, on the other hand, is the one with the highest concentration of construction companies (20.9% out of a total of 268).
There is a widespread and transversal sensitivity on the part of Organizations and Institutions in creating a favorable climate for the establishment and development of economic activities, in particular with attention to the streamlining of procedures and the simplification of bureaucracy. Furthermore, in the assessment processes of new settlements by economic operators, proximity to suppliers, logistics services and the reference market is considered of primary importance.
Availability of know-how and technical and scientific professionalism: thanks to the proximity to prestigious university structures such as those of Mantua (Politecnico di Milano) and Brescia (University of Brescia) and the presence of historic quality professional institutes, it is easy to find human resources qualified to respond to the specific and diversified needs of companies, both at a technical and managerial level.
It is a tourist area: specifically the upper Mantua area, and in general the vast area in which the municipality of Solferino is inserted, have a significant tourist importance, thanks also to their proximity to the Garda area. The municipality of Solferino is part of the Garda and Colli Mantovani GAL, made up of 10 municipalities, covering an area of over 359,000 km2 and about 100,000 inhabitants (the municipality of Solferino has a land area of approximately 13 km2 and is populated by over 2,600 inhabitants). There are over 1,800 farms and 100 holiday farms operating in the area. It is an area of marked economic vitality, both in terms of production and in terms of tourist flows, with a significant cultural, environmental and rural heritage and a very high landscape and environmental value.
The GAL's Local Development Plan is based on three related thematic areas that complement and feed each other:
- Development and innovation of supply chains and local production systems (agro-food, artisanal and manufacturing);
- Sustainable tourism;
- Enhancement and management of environmental and natural resources.
On its territory there is the Local Park of Supra-municipal Interest (PLIS), entirely included in the territory of Solferino, right in the center of the morainic amphitheater of the lower Garda, one of the Landscape Units identified by the PTCP of the Province of Mantua, connected to the protected areas bordering by a network of paths defined by the hiking map of the green areas of Lombardy (trail of the Garda moraine).
This area is characterized as a slow tourism destination, unlike the area of lower Lake Garda, with which they form the GAL, affected by important tourist flows. The Morainic Hills, on the other hand, are particularly known for a network of farmhouses that have developed in the area and for a network of cycle and cycle-tourist routes that touch the main places of interest in the area. The area is characterized by small agricultural villages that offer excellent products such as oil, wines and cheeses, with Grana Padano in the lead, and fruit such as peaches and kiwis. Among the tourist itineraries, the "Garda Wine and Flavor Road", which offers various types of customizable itineraries and is proposed to complete the already wide tourist offer linked to Lake Garda. The Lugana-Solferino tour, for example, develops on the moraine hills of the southern shore of the lake, where the white grapes are found at the base of the production of the Lugana and Dan Martino della Battaglia wines. There are also about twenty assets of significant historical and cultural value located in the municipality of Solferino.
Consolidated tourism markets in the Upper Mantua area are Germany and France, the growing ones are the Netherlands and Belgium. The lower Lake Garda area also sees the influx of Italian tourists generally coming from Lombardy, Lazio and Emilia Romagna.
Finally, the whole territory has decidedly good coverage of mobile and fixed networks and the presence of several types of connection and several operators guarantees that you can choose the most suitable solution for your business needs.