Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF
In the Municipality of San Pellegrino Terme, the "Grand Hotel complex", a publicly owned touristic brownfield area, stands out for its 18,470-sqm majestic structure.
The agreement includes, among the interventions identified for the settlement opportunity, the redevelopment of the neighboring areas that serve the Grand Hotel, especially the mini-golf course, as well as the implementation of a strategic marketing plan, able to evaluate the analysis of the necessary activities to complete the redevelopment of the Grand Hotel.
The Municipality is committed, in terms of streamlining, to provide preliminary consultancy services and to assist the company, thanks to the release of written opinions on specific request and, in terms of tax relief, to provide for the 33% TARI reduction and for the 20% reduction in urbanization charges.
Particularly, the following interventions are being applied by the Municipality:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sure not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of less than 8.1‰ in the areas identified.
- Reduces the TARI [waste disposal tax] by 33% from the current amount.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Does not provide primary and secondary land development expenses for the identified areas
- Does not provide qualitative standard and expenses needed to change designation of use
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
- Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.
Why invest in Pellegrino Terme?
As a tourist destination, the main feature of San Pellegrino Terme is its water-linked brand, both because of the spa, and of bottled water.
Its location in the Brembana Valley makes it also a landmark for those interested in experiencing sports (especially skiing) and naturalistic tourism, and for those that are looking for destinations with spas and culture (especially linked to the majestic Liberty architecture that recalls the evocative “Belle-Epoque” atmospheres of the early 1900s).
Tourism is one of the main economic sectors in the area. The 2017 Annual Report of the Bergamo Tourism Observatory shows that the Brembana Valley recorded a strong increase in tourist flow over 2016: + 11.9% of arrivals and + 3.1% of presences. In particular, the QC Terme San Pellegrino plays a fundamental role, proving to be a real driver for the entire area.
Moreover, business travelers represent a portion of tourists, indeed those who go to San Pellegrino Terme for business reasons, including for activities related to the S. Pellegrino S.p.A. or for meetings organized by companies that appreciate the location.
The prestigious site, that opened in 2014, attracts thousands of visitors (160,000 in 2017, + 14% compared to 2016), including foreigners. It is a location for medium-high level customers, who undoubtedly turn to quality accommodation facilities, and who in 2016 recorded a significant increase in presences in the San Pellegrino Terme Municipality alone: 26,415 overnight stays by Italian tourists and 8,561 foreigners.
Other than the current main San Pellegrino attraction, the QC spa, the Municipality offers:
- artistic-cultural heritage attractions, especially the Liberty buildings, which strongly characterize the style of the Municipality, and the museums network in the Brembana valley, which enhances especially the local traditions and natural sciences;
- natural heritage attractions, first of all the “Dream Caves”;
- Attractions related to sports practicable in the area, including skiing, biking and hiking in the many pathways in the area.
San Pellegrino Terme and in general the Brembana Valley, are the ideal destinations for sports lovers and for enjoying nature in every season. Among other sports, thanks to the presence of many pathways, hiking and bicycle-related activities, both on road routes and mountain bikes, certainly stand out. In addition, in winter, snow covers the upper Brembana Valley, which offers many interesting touristic opportunities to practice snow sports in an enchanted natural landscape.
The strategic location and proximity to road links and public transport systems make the municipality easily accessible, and despite being in a mountain location, it is well served by technological infrastructures.
Among the strengths of the San Pellegrino Terme Municipality, the high reputation of its brand, connected to mineral water, an important but still potential attraction, which will have full expression with the construction of the new plant.
Under construction, there are many attractive opportunities in San Pellegrino Terme, including:
- Restyling of the S. Pellegrino factory, with the creation of a museum and opening the factory for public visits.
- Realization of the accessible luxury shopping center, with attached hotel.
- Enlargement of QC spa.
- Therapeutic spas.
- Recovery of the Peak areas, with construction of hotels, routes and areas equipped for fitness and for families.
- Recovery of the “Paradiso” area.