Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF SAN GIOVANNI IN CROCE
The Municipality presented the Sacchini Area, a 10,900 sqm public-owned greenfield area, which can be intended for different types of activities, going from the industrial / craft ones to the managerial / office ones, but also to logistics. It is located in a strategic position and in an interesting industrial / craft environment.
The agreement includes infrastructural interventions among which: the installation of the optical fiber in the main nodes of the industrial-artisan area, the cabling of the municipal office, and the creation of a system to increase the safety of businesses, thanks to bidirectional gates for the complete control of access roads in the municipal and industrial areas.
In terms of payments simplification, the Municipality introduces the possibility of fulfilling electronically the charges due to all PPAAs. In terms of concessions, it commits not to charge the payments of urbanization costs (primary and secondary), for companies wishing to establish themselves in the "Sacchini" area, and to issue Building Permits within 45 days from the request.
Particularly, the following interventions are being applied by the Municipality:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sure not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 7‰ in the areas identified.
- Provides a TARI [waste disposal tax] total exemption for the first two years from the settlement.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses by 100%.
- Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 5%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
- Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.
Why investing in San Giovanni in Croce?
Because the Municipality believes in the work and in the dreams of entrepreneurs. Indeed, it makes investments for businesses, with a targeted development project of its equipped artisan area, with a functional logistics network, at the center of the main communication routes for the Brenner, Milan, Bologna. The Municipality facilitates access to business services and, to support it, activates a consultants’ team.
Because it is managed by an Administration, whose goal is men and businesses’ quality of life and wants to team up with them. To create an efficient and supportive community between citizens, businesses and services, in a cultural dimension made of places, spaces, and meetings.
A system where you can experience the services of a large city and the relationships of an ancient village, in a nature-surrounded environment with cycle pathways, walks and places to discover and gather.
With the Attract Program developed by the Lombardy Region, the Municipality, as a public body, has set itself the goal to become an active subject of a business attractiveness strategy. That is, it decided to take the field as a subject capable of guiding the choices of a company, leading it to settle in its territory.
It is not a simple process as it presupposes a pro-active and non-static approach, resourceful in a corporate rather than in an institutional logic. Indeed, the Municipality assumed the role of entrepreneur, and the result is to make communities, to create work, to develop the best conditions for the establishment of quality production units.
The Administration has placed itself as attractor, by analyzing the proposals and the advantages it was able to offer. Understanding the importance of the incubation and territorial marketing concepts, it went beyond the role of management and administration of the territory, to become promoter, animator and creator of the cultural, attractive and tourist profile of the territory itself. It has transformed the public administration into a hub, in which all the actors gather and organize an overall strategy.
San Giovanni in Croce has developed a direct link between the territorial marketing plan and the quality and attention to the administrative activity, bringing together caution to local businesses that already exist or that could establish, and to social, historical values and cultural heritage to which it is custodian.
Today the workers, their relationship with the company, and their skills are a non-localizable production factor, characterized by an utmost importance, to which the company pays the highest attention: therefore, while settling in a welcoming territory, which is attentive to the needs of families, women, and of the elderly, it is essential to put workers in optimal conditions.
To face the effects of the economic crisis and to be constantly close to the citizens and to businesses, the Municipality has undertaken an analysis of its resources and of its structural and infrastructural reorganization, to make the most out of them, also thanks to tools and possibilities given by the European, national and regional initiatives.
The pursued mission is to increase the ability to create adequate environmental conditions, so that citizens can enjoy a satisfactory quality of life and the local business environment can develop and achieve protected competitive positions, through the growth of existing companies, the startup of new ones, and the search of new investments and investors.
This is why the Municipality has worked on its tangible and intangible resources, inluding
- public service offering;
- urban design;
- presence of areas equipped for setting up businesses;
- cultural elements and high frequency of important events;
- presence or proximity of incubators and tools suitable for the creation and growth of start-ups and for business support.
These elements, which are easily verifiable and controllable, are next to the intangible factors of a territory, which are without doubt more difficult to trace, but are of fundamental
Importance. They include:
- the moral and civil values system;
- the local production’s quality;
- the found human resources’ quality;
- the quality and level of well-being.
They may seem apparently less important than the tangible factors and hardly analyzable, yet they play a decisive role in the perceived quality of a territory. First, the lack of some of the elements just described can seriously compromise the effectiveness and the possibility of using many tangible elements. Moreover, the intangible resources express the real innovation and learning potential of a territory, in a context where innovation and renewal are the protagonists and thanks to their contribution it is possible to define and subsequently find a suitable location in the territorial market for a city, so as to make it capable of competing with others.
These values are present within the Municipality of San Giovanni in Croce. The driving elements are undoubtedly the presence of an entrepreneurial environment, with a tradition and a strong experience: lively, competitive and open businesses constitute a fundamental condition for the development of collaborative relationship networks between businesses, the market and institutions.
Another key element is the commitment and efforts made by the municipal administration to design and develop appropriate territorial offering development plans, with infrastructural and technological improvements, and the activation of a route-facilitated bureaucracy-unlock.
We can say that
It’s easy to settle down and to work in
San Giovanni in Croce.