Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF ROVELLASCA (CO)
The Rovellasca Municipality, in the Como province, made available to the investors interested in industrial and craft activities, the settlement opportunities of the “ex Martinetta” complex, two brownfield lots, privately owned, of 16,283 sqm and 7,570 sqm each.
Projects of expansion of the existing road section connecting the site and the main municipal road network and of connecting the fiber optic line are planned. The administration promotes the settlement opportunity, thanks to the design and realization of advertising material that describes its history, through photos and a section dedicated to the possible future development of the settlement.
Among the commitments, the 20% TARI and urbanization charges for the identified opportunities reductions. Regarding the administrative streamlining, Rovellasca will provide to the correct supply of the business IT file and to the activation of a system of electronic payments.
Particulary, the following interventions are being applied by the Municipality:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sure not to introduce additional expenses.
- Reduces the TARI [waste disposal tax] by 20% from the current amount
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 20%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
- Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.
Why investing in Rovellasca?
Among the attractiveness factors of Rovellasca, a strategic location and an excellent road connection with important reference basins and attractive poles, to which we can add a guaranteed cover of technological infrastructures on the whole territory and the presence of internationally relevant companies in different fields.
The high accessibility level is also due to the key position of the Municipality within the infrastructure hub, relevant for its closeness to the highway that connects Milan to Switzerland (A9 – Autostrada dei Laghi), with the new Autostrada Pedemontana Lombarda (A36) and with the Ferrovie Nord branch directed towards Como. Moreover, it is located near the three main airports: Malpensa, Linate and Bergamo – Orio al Serio.
A homogenous cover of the technological infrastructures, with the presence of different types of connections and operators, guarantees to choose the best solution for your own business needs and to manage high flows of data both for the mission critical activities and for those of support (for instance, remote data backup).
Big firms are located on the territory, whose productive framework includes 461 businesses and 1,518 employees. Among those: Gruppo Gabel, a firm leader in the textile sector, born in the ’50, and able to realize the whole range of household linen; ISEO Serrature, which produces locks, cylinders and blocks, that just this year celebrates 50 years of activity; Castiglioni S.p.A – a company born in the early ’60, specialized in the production of jambs and architraves for doors, profiles for the furniture and design industry, and floors and wood surfaces for all the living, commercial and working surfaces.
The widespread entrepreneurship and the presence of international companies, allows constant innovation in introducing new technologies and new materials, thanks to which supply advanced products to the reference markets. Moreover, the presence in the area of international companies and ComoNExT, represents a strength related to know-how and technical and scientific capacities on the territory.
Regarding the “Ex Martinetta” settlement opportunity, presented by the Rovellasca Municipality, two new development scenarios could emerge, meaning:
- the realization of an Innovation Campus that would provide training and at the same time, would also house companies
- the realization of a second Pole to satisfy the various requests of firms that want to settle within ComoNExT, but could not be accepted in the Lomazzo headquarter, as the spaces are now saturated.
ComoNExT, the Digital Innovation Hub, a MISE certified (Economic Development Ministry) startup incubator, an organized structure that has the objective to facilitate the development and the competitiveness of local businesses, promoting an all-around innovation culture.
ComoNeXT is committed to become the Italian non-specialized Scientific and Technologic Park with the most qualified international network. Its goals are essentially three:
- to attract innovative companies
- to transfer innovation on the territory
- to favor the development of new entrepreneurship thanks to the start-up hub
Moreover, the strong presence of logistic firms in the Rovellasca area, also confirm the logistic vocation of the territory. In particular, starting from the Municipal area and within 18 km are located more than 100 logistic site, both big dimensions generalist delivery services, such as MAIL BOXES ETC, TNT and UPS, and generalist or specialized deliveries (for instance, refrigerated, food or pharmaceutical products transfers).
The presence of the Lura Park facilitates the collaboration and the dialogue between the Municipalities involved in the area, creating a coordinated management. The Lura River, as well as all the other rivers, has historically represented a territorial development asset both from the point of view of urban and industrial settlements, as well as for the logistic infrastructures. Along the Lura river, indeed, there are some historical and cultural findings and some important settlements, some of which dismissed (including the ex-Martinetta area of Rovellasca), others fully reused (including the Ex Somaini cotton mill in Lomazzo, which is currently the ComoNExT headquarters), or partially reused (including the Ex Alfa Romeo area between Lainate and Arese), as well as new areas (such as the 2015 Expo site in Rho).
Lastly, the proximity to Milan and to the Como Lake, with its stunning landscapes, together with the familiarity of the small Lombard towns and the infrastructures’ modernity, create a benefit, that makes the territory extremely suitable for cultural, creative and leisure activities.