Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF OLGIATE COMASCO (CO)
Five are the privately owned, settlement opportunities identified by the Municipality of Olgiate Comasco: three brownfield areas (Boselli 2 – via Carducci; Frasteni 1 – via Torino; Frasteni 2 – via Torino) for a total area of more than 23,600 sqm, and two greenfield areas for a total of 36,500 sqm (Boselli 1 – via Repubblica and IMTA – via Lomazzo). All the areas available are intended especially for industrial / craft use. Most areas are close to the main infrastructure networks.
The agreement includes, among the principal interventions within the municipal area, the redevelopment of the nineteenth-century building Villa Peduzzi, as an attractive pole for the networking initiatives of the business community; a revision of the street section between the main access road axis and the settlement opportunity, an operation that would facilitate reaching the settlement sites.
The Municipality is also engaged in not providing compensatory standards or any possible charges for changing the intendend use of the settlement opportunities and to release the building license within 35 days from the presentation of the application, reducing in this way up to 40% the average times of the administrative process.
Particularly, the following interventions are being applied by the Municipality:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sure not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of LESS THAN 11.4‰ in the areas identified as follow: Subsidised IMU tax rate: (further improvement of the IMU + TASI parameters) or only for the construction or reduction by 1.80% or for 5 years from the beginning of the works, except recovery in case of non
- completion of the works within the five
- year term.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses of at least 20%.
- No qualitative standards planned.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.