Regarding economic and fiscal incentives, Mantua provides for a maximum 10.6‰ IMU + TASI rate, and the clearing of debts and credits, derived from the two charges.
Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF MANTUA (MN)
The Mantua Municipality offers a brownfield area “Comparto P.A. 13 Olmo Lungo” (a built land, occasionally disused industrial areas), privately owned, extended for over 1.099.000 sqm, intended for logistical, industrial / craft activities. Following the subscription of the Attractiveness Agreement, Mantua means to realize a public lighting service, with “Smart” lights, that, thanks to modern technologies, will be able to be equipped with some ancillary public services, including Wi-Fi, video surveillance, and electric recharge.
To promote the city, the Municipality organized a photo contest involving the city’s inhabitants in a path of analyzing and understanding of the city, that is able to enhance the most attractive sides, both related to the huge potential of the historical / architectural heritage, and to the concept of a city on a human scale. Regarding the streamlining activities, the Municipality is engaged in the extension of online payments, also including the Single Desk for Productive Activities rights.
Instead, regarding economic and fiscal incentives, Mantua provides for a maximum 10.6‰ IMU + TASI rate, and the clearing of debts and credits, derived from the two charges.
Particularly, the following interventions are being applied by the Municipality:
- The Implementation Plan, presented by the company, is granted to be adopted by the City Council within 90 days since the registration of the request.
- The Municipality releases, given the completeness of the request, the Building Permission, within 60 days from the application.
- It grants an online front office service or a dedicated section in the website of the Municipality, with all the information helpful for investors and aspiring investors.
- Utilizes and implements the telematic desk
- It simplifies the payment management, through the creation of a single interlocutor for all the charges due to the Municipality and other authorities.
- It provides for the proper feeding of the business IT file through the S.U.A.P.
- It ensures a training course for the S.U.A.P. operators
- It takes part to training programs for the business IT files.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- It preventively declares all the urbanistic and construction charges, trying not to introduce further charges.
- It provides an IMU + TASI 10.60% rate
- It reduces the urbanization charges as follows: standard parameters of the Municipality -Primary: 10,2€/sqm; Secondary: 10,2 €/sqm; Waste disposal: 5,1010.2 €/sqm
- It reduces the qualitative standard and any possible charge for the change in the intended use of the identified areas that have already been acquitted in the plan.
Promotion and investors assistance interventions
- It provides preventive preliminary consultancy and assistance services for the presentation and implementation of the project by the company, with the release of written opinions, if required by the applicant.
- It organizes periodical meetings, both for the resolution of any possible issues regarding the investment process, and for support of the local charges payments.
Why investing in Manuta?
The territory is characterised by numerous competitive advantages. The Province of Mantua benefits from an extremely favourable location, with its central position and excellent connections with other neighbouring provinces and regions. This land is a natural link with eight provinces (Brescia and Verona to the north, Rovigo to the east, Ferrara, Modena, Reggio Emilia, Parma to the south, Cremona to the west) and two regions (Veneto and Emilia-Romagna). As such, it can count on excellent infrastructure connections, thanks to its proximity to the motorway and the most important railways, river and port junctions. The area witnesses significant investments by the Mantuan administration.
Within the Mantuan industrial ecosystem, despite the prevalence of small and micro size companies, there surely is no shortage of large industrial facilities in different sectors: chemistry (Ies-Molgroup, Versalis), metallurgy (Marcegaglia), engineering (Iveco, Bondioli & Pavesi), and textile – socks (CSP International, Filodoro) and clothing in particular (Lubiam, Corneliani).
There are 40,197 companies active in Mantua, operating in several sectors: 29% services; 22% trade; 21% agriculture, 16% construction and 12% industry. The agri-food sector represents over 20% of Lombardy food production. As far as services are concerned, the most relevant sub-sectors are accommodation and catering (19%), and real estate (16%).
It is possible to identify 2 industrial districts. These are geographical areas characterized by a high concentration of small companies specialized in a specific manufacturing activity. The Castel Goffredo district is specialized in textile and hosiery production, while the Casalasco-Viadanese district, is specialized in the wood sector.
There is also an important logistics district, which accounts for over 50 companies and about 600 employees directly involved – not to mention another 1,200 related jobs (eg: Polimeri Europa, Belleli, Ies Petroli, Paganella S.p.A., Thun Logistic).
Within the AttrACT project, the Municipality-proposed Valdaro area, is an ideal hub for national and international freight transport by road, rail and water. The intermodal hub represents a fundamental pivot for the commercial and transport system at European level, as well as in the national and interregional context.
- The intermodal logistics hub of the Valdaro area is located at the intersection of the two largest European transport corridors. The port is, in fact, a CORE TEN-T point recognized by the European Union as a hub of international relevance for the passage of goods (despite being the smallest port in Europe). Furthermore, in order to be able to attract companies in the steel sector that deal with dangerous, chemical and/or explosive goods, the port has qualified as a site abiding to the Direttiva Seveso, 1982 – which is the authorization to host dangerous goods thanks to the set of preemptive measures taken against large industrial risks.
- The importance of the area at European level is fundamental. All the funding allocated by the EU for the period 2021-2028 is entirely devoted to the development and optimization of the trans-European TEN-T transport networks.
- The port of Valdaro is part of EFIP (European Federation of Inland Ports), the association of the most important European inland ports – which includes, for example, the port of Vienna and Bratislava.
- The prospect of the new Brenner railway line, which is currently being planned, will lead to an even greater influx of goods and is bound to make connections with other transalpine countries even more practical.
- At the national level, the pole is in a central position in relation to the Italian economy: Verona to the north, Bologna and Parma to the south, Milan to the west. In this context, it is easy to understand the interregional relevance of the area: Valdaro is located along the strategic axis of the "Northeast Quadrant of Logistics" - namely Veneto, Emilia, Trentino and Friuli. In fact, the area functions as a link between the 2 large lakes (Lake Maggiore and Lake Garda), and the 2 large lagoons (the Venetian one and the Friuli one) of the area.
Finally, in addition to a clear territorial advantage, the province scores high in life quality standards. According to the "Urban Ecosystem" study by Legambiente and Il Sole 24 Ore, Mantua ranks second in the ranking of the most virtuous cities in Italy, thus qualifying first among Lombardy provinces.
The per capita gross income (€ 15.370) is higher than the national one (€ 14,223). Furthermore, the price-quality ratio of land is extremely competitive when compared to other surrounding areas.
Among the projects in progress:
➢ The development of consultancy services in the environmental field for companies establishing in the territory.
➢ The creation of a technological and highly qualified freight yard, whose priority is to relieve the environment of all the pollutants generated by road transport, thus benefiting the railway and river networks.
➢ The prospect of creating an "energy community" in which the actors who live in the area are enabled to use energy generated through a single energy plant that serves all the consortium members.
➢ The construction of an additional railway platform of at least 1000 square meters plus railroads dedicated to the parking and maneuvering of trains.
➢ The recognition of Mantua as a ZES (Special Economic Zone) and ZLS (Simplified Logistics Zone) area. From the joint work of Confindustria and Confartigianato (industry bodies), the companies that will settle in the intermodal logistics hub will benefit from discounts on bureaucratic procedures costs as well as from tax-free investments.
➢ It’s being considered the opening of a "Sportello Unico" -a single gateway- which will channel all investors’ requests.
➢ The implementation of new digital technologies.
➢ Numerous communication activities: the creation of information material about the areas; a dedicated website; open days by area; testimonials and case studies from those who have already invested in the area and other stakeholders; the creation of promotional campaigns.