Agreement for attractiveness between Regione Lombardia and THE MUNICIPALITY OF DALMINE (BG)
The settlement opportunity available to investors in the Municipality of Dalmine is the greenfield area "AT 09: high schools campus". This is a publicly owned area with over 12,000 square meters of land surface intended for residential for student usage.
The agreement includes, among the priority interventions in the municipal area, the redevelopment and enhancement of certain road infrastructures, aimed at improving the attractiveness and viability of the territory as well as the accessibility to the settlement opportunity. The Municipality also plans to implement a strategic marketing plan by analyzing the context of the area's attraction factors.
The Municipality undertakes a 20% reduction of the TARI on the identified opportunities and to correctly implementing the telematic desk, using the Impresainungiorno portal aimed at streamlining the administrative procedure for businesses.
Particularly, the following measures / incentives are being applied by the Municipality:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sure not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 9.6‰ in the areas identified.
- Reduces the TARI [waste disposal tax] by 20% from the current amount.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses for the identified areas, as follows: Standard parameter of the Municipality: (tertiary) Primary 67.41€/sqm Secondary 55.71€/sqm Improvement parameter for the identified areas: (tertiary) Primary 53.62 €/sqm Secondary 44.56€/sqm
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
- Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.
Why invest in Dalmine?
For the great entrepreneurial nature of the area and mostly for its innovation, openness, exchange and comparison vocations.
According to the major industrial representatives in the area, several are the reasons why:
- the area has a general predisposition for the establishment of production activities in a wide range of sectors;
- open-mindedness towards innovation and confrontation, which favors especially companies focused on innovation;
- companies tend to create networks, facilitating resources exchange, comparison and mutual stimulus for the activation of research projects and the introduction of new technologies and innovative processes, which allow the constant development of individual companies and the system in general;
- the variety of industries guarantees easy access to suppliers in the area, with the consequent reduction of procurement costs and the facilitation of relations and supplies;
- the presence of qualified companies and research centers guarantees the presence of different laboratories in the area to carry out research and tests on products, which facilitate the development of new solutions and allow obtaining certifications, in particular favoring start-ups;
- the territory is easily accessible, which facilitates exchanges;
- the presence of excellent training schools (High Schools, Universities and Training Courses) allows you to have a wide availability of qualified and high-level human resources;
- Authorities and institutions have a favorable attitude towards industrial development
Dalmine is one of the Municipalities involved in the Dalmine - Bergamo industrial and technological knowledge backbone, the system that integrates functions of excellence for a balanced regeneration of the territory and a reuse of containers according to a selective and quality approach oriented towards new entrepreneurship, research, services and business. Currently, the Municipality is working on a strategic project that connects the Bergamo university centers with the main places of research and production.
The industrial structure of Bergamo unites various regional excellences - medium and large highly productive and competitive companies -which are part of industrial districts, Meta-districts and Technological Clusters. The industrial past is still the backbone of the provincial economy, with a strong private sector in a competitive position on the main European markets. Dalmine also has important realities in its territory; in fact, it is included in the Meta-district of New Materials and in the Technology Clusters «Enabling technologies and practices for the manufacturing sector» and «Energy Cleantech Cluster». With meta-districts, the main objective of the Region is to define areas of "productive excellence" capable of representing development centers with a high technological potential.
- l’Università degli Studi di Bergamo (corsi in ingegneria meccanica, gestionale, informatica, edile e delle tecnologie per la salute);
- Point – Polo per l’innovazione tecnologica della provincia di Bergamo (48.000 mq in tutto, 4.000 mq di laboratori attrezzati, 26 aziende ospitate, 300 dipendenti);
- Bergamo Sviluppo – Incubatore d’impresa (spazi attrezzati e un sistema di servizi personalizzati di consulenza e assistenza a supporto delle startup);
- Tenaris (leader globale nella fornitura di tubi e servizi per l'industria energetica mondiale e per altre particolari applicazioni industriali);
- ABB (leader tecnologico all’avanguardia nelle reti elettriche, nei prodotti per l’elettrificazione, nell'automazione industriale, nella robotica e nel controllo di movimento, al servizio dei clienti nelle utility, nell’industria, nei trasporti e nelle infrastrutture a livello globale);
- Kilometro Rosso (uno dei principali distretti europei dell’innovazione);
- Brembo (leader mondiale nella progettazione, sviluppo e produzione di sistemi frenanti e componentistica per auto, moto e veicoli industriali, per il mercato del primo equipaggiamento, i ricambi e il racing).
The production structure of the Dalmine municipality involves 333 companies, with 3,920 employees. The main activity is the secondary sector with 50% of employees. The sector also holds thanks to the development of the tertiary sector, which has grown mostly in the field of business services, and employment remains high. Among the strengths of the area there are:
a good accessibility and strategic location thanks to the connections to the main highways and in close proximity to large public transport systems, such as the airport and train stations.
technical and scientific know-how and professionalism
vibrant entrepreneurial environment
coordinated management also enriched by participation in the AttrACT program
availability of urban settlement
The potential development trends for Dalmine concern the centrality of the university, both for training (pole of excellence for the recruitment of highly qualified personnel) and for research, passing through the turnover and the existing production chains of the advanced tertiary sector. Dalmine is in fact becoming increasingly popular with the image of a city favorable for the establishment of realities linked to the Advanced Tertiary sector, so much so that its name is also recognized abroad. For the development of the territory, six sectors could have possible interest:
- Off-campus residences for university students
- Services for students, and more generally for young people
- Advanced tertiary and research: sectors that can be developed in various ways and is between the productive and managerial sectors
- Industries of the present and consolidated production chains of the vast area
- Residences and Service Centers for the elderly
- Establishment of Logistic Sites