Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF CIVIDATE AL PIANO (BG)
The Municipality of Cividate al Piano participated in the AttrACT program with the settlement opportunity in the production and logistic field Tpn1 "Cascinone". It is a greenfield area (undeveloped, free land) of 183,830 square meters, privately owned having logisticals use. Due to its favorable location, in an area rich of important economic activities to start collaborations with and economies of scale, the opportunity has been sold. The investment in the area, worth more than 100 million euros, involved the construction of a logistics compartment and the creation of 1,200 jobs, 800 of which were of a permanent nature.
Thanks to the regional contribution, to enhance the production area of Cividate al Piano, the Municipality used very specific tools and skills to face a revitalization phase to re-launch the activities in the area by offering an adequate service to businesses. Among the various strategic interventions: the purchase of tools and technological equipment to set up and enhance an innovative service center and entrepreneurial promotion, which has improved the interface with companies and significantly reduced response times.
In the commitments made by the Municipality, we see the simplification of payment management and a 25% reduction in the quality standards and associated costs for changing the intended use.
In detail, the Municipality implements the following actions:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sur not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 11.4‰ in the areas identified.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses for the identified areas, as follows: Standard parameter of the Municipality: €/sqm 11.98; Improvement parameter for the identified areas: reduction by 25%.
- Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 25%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
- Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.