Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF CASALMAGGIORE (CR)
The settlement opportunity identified by the Municipality of Casalmaggiore is the brownfield private property of 4,700 square meters "Ex Casalmaggiore Hospital".
In addition to the realization of urbanization works related to the reconstruction of the road surface and of the road signs close to the former hospital, the Municipality aims to carry out marketing and promotion actions.
The Municipality of Casalmaggiore is very active on simplification, as it uses and implements both the telematic desk and the corporate IT file for the submission of data and documents, including the status of the practices, that can be verified directly from your own PC.
In terms of tax relief, the Municipality provides the TARI exemption for all investors who intend to settle in the proposed areas, and reduces the primary (3.95 € / m2) and secondary (2.81 € / m2) urbanization costs, in addition to the necessary 20% charges due to the change in the intended use.
Particularly, the following measures are being implemented by the Municipality:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sure not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 7,64‰ in the areas identified.
- Provides a TARI [waste disposal tax] exemption for the first two years from the settlement.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses for the identified areas, as follow: Standard parameter of the Municipality: 3.95 €/smq Primary; 2.81 €/smq Secondary Improvement parameter for the identified areas: reduction by 100%
- Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 20%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
- Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.
Why investing in Casalmaggiore?
Market researches and data indicate that due to the characteristics of the territory, such as agri-food-industrial-craft excellences and to human capital, the area on which Casalmaggiore insists represent an international "unicum" for its heritage, the settled production excellence, and the widespread "know-how.
The Casalmaggiore area has some valuable features:
1. A strong manufacturing sector, thanks to the deep-rooted presence of important productions, some of which claim a secular tradition. Moreover, the Cremona area shows in all sectors (from agriculture to industry, up to the tertiary sector) a solid culture devoted to taking initiatives, to the ability of generating value in what you do, expressing the creativity and quality necessary for bringing the value of "Made in Italy" products to the world.
2. The ability to produce goods and to offer services that, by their very nature, support a harmonious lifestyle and simultaneously satisfy multiple needs and functions of use.
3. The ability to carry out these activities, that can even be very different from one another, within an overall framework that is harmonious. Therefore, we can affirm that the area altogether offers:
- The differentiation of the territory on specializations and productions with high added value.
- The development and integration of sustainability models.
- A political-administrative approach based on the centrality of the individual, thanks to the specialization in the health supply chain and personal assistance services, and to the development of the hospitality network to make people feel "at home".
- A system of national industrial and production excellences characterized by quality and "unique" productions and by the culture and art supply chain (starting from the musical culture, rooted in the three areas of the Cremona territory).
- The development of a sustainable economy through designing and applying technologies for the safety and sustainability of production for the metallurgical / mechanical and agro-food supply chains.
- A quality training offer, accumulating knowledge on the important themes of the vision, also on the scientific front.
- A culturally dynamic environment, with a "density" of international events and cultural moments
Casalasco is a territory where production has an important role, represented by companies that belong to different sectors, leaders in their field at both national and international level, Companies that invest, are innovative and create job opportunities for thousands of people. There are cases of real entrepreneurial excellence in sectors like the steel industry, mechanics and the wood industry. In particular, the industrial district of the Casalasco-Viadanese wood.
The employment dynamics of some relevant areas of Casalasco is closely linked to the enlarged wood sector, which concerns not only the direct processing of raw material but also the mechanics and plant engineering used in the sector. Today, the industrial district covers the territory of eight municipalities in the Cremona province (Casalmaggiore, Cingia de 'Botti, Gussola, Martignana di Po, Rivarolo del Re ed Uniti, San Giovanni in Croce, Scandolara Ravara, Solarolo Rainerio) and five municipalities in the Mantua province (Borgoforte, Dosolo, Pomponesco, Sabbioneta and Viadana), for a total area of 407 sq km. In the district are located around 900 companies operating in the manufacturing sector. About 100 companies operate in the wood sector, which absorbs more than 20% of the manufacturing employees in the area.
The Casalasco area is also characterized by the presence of important production specializations in the agri-food sector, such as those related to tomatoes and melons, which have a deep tradition in the territory of origin.
In fact, most of the local farms active in the cultivation of industrial tomatoes gave life to the Casalasco del Pomodoro Consortium. Born in 1977 as an agricultural cooperative with the aim of marketing the fresh tomatoes grown by its members.
Regarding the specialization in the production of melons, the most involved municipalities are Casteldidone and Viadana, which are part of the Mantovano Consortium of PGI melons.
With reference to the enhancement of the agricultural sector, is connected the activity of the Local Action Group (LAG), which works for the socio-economic development of the rural area and supports the Casalasco-Viadanese territory in the process of defining an Agricultural District based on organic farming.
Working in Casalmaggiore is also glocal-green. A new attractive element for Casalmaggiore, which could make the difference and suggest the idea of creating a unique space, where the quality of experiencing work is outside the box, at the center of networks, of connections, of relationships, but out of chaos. It proposes a work model free from physicality, in order to be everywhere with the mind, but physically in a space where the quality of life is at the top.
A winning idea, that of the Municipality of Casalmaggiore, is to transform the former hospital into a place of life / work / relationship interconnections. To retrieve the building to accommodate different open and dialoguing functions, which interconnected and "economically integrated and compensatory"; to reorganize the paths and internal common spaces, enhancing the historical structure and connecting activities with the rest of the city, to graft new services / products on a real 'common platform' in a continuous system of public open spaces. From the congress area to the refreshment area, from the co-working space to the Hub for start-ups.