Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF CARAVAGGIO (BG)
Available to investors for establishing industrial / craft activities, is a publicly owned 23,700 square meters greenfield area in the municipal area of Caravaggio, the "Industrial Development Area - Via Panizzardo Management".
The Municipality plans to carry out the renovation of the municipal building for the creation of new desks for businesses and citizens, in order to provide it with capital goods for the improvement of the services provided.
Among the commitments undertaken by the Municipality, the supply of the Company Information File, the 20% reduction in TARI and the IMU and TASI debts and credits compensations.
Particularly, the following measures / incentives are being applied by the Municipality:
• Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
• Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
• Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
• Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
• Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
• Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
• Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
• Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
• Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sur not to introduce additional expenses.
• Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 8.5‰ in the areas identified.
• Reduces the TARI [waste disposal tax] by 20% from the current amount.
• Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
• Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses for the identified areas, as follows: Standard parameter of the Municipality: €/sqm 35.00 Improvement parameter for the identified areas: €/sqm 28.79
• Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 5%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
• Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
• Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
• Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.
Why investing in Caravaggio?
Caravaggio has been recording a substantial constant population growth for several years now, reaching 16,261 residents as of 1.1.2018, this growth involves also the foreign population.
As of 2017, it counts 1,197 active enterprises involved mainly in the agricultural (103), manufacturing (182), construction (210) and trade (300) sectors, which together add up to 795 enterprises more than 66% of the total number of active enterprises. Caravaggio confirms to be - together with Treviglio (with 2,717 companies) - one of the two main poles of attraction of the reference area, while the surrounding municipalities (Calvenzano, Fornovo San Giovanni, Misano di Gera d'Adda and Mozzanica) register a stock of companies between 200 and 320 units.
The Municipality of Caravaggio has good infrastructures and mobility services like the Caravaggio station, the closeness to the A35 - BreBeMi highway, the Tangenziale Ovest, the SP185 – Rivoltana, and the Caravaggio and Linate airports, which are approximately thirty kilometers away (30 minutes).
Among all, we can identify three strong sector: Manufacturing, Logistics and Religious tourism.
Manufacturing –The year 2019 still recorded a positive trend for Lombardy manufacturing production, which in the third quarter of 2019 registered an increase in the industrial production equal to + 1.1% seasonally-adjusted (source: Unioncamere Lombardia). The area of Bassa Bergamasca, a traditionally "manufacturing" area, also maintained positive values. Among the most productive sectors are those of non-metallic mineral processing, chemistry, mechanics ,and food.
Logistics - The area of Bassa Bergamasca Occidentale in particular is a "logistics" area, also thanks to the Caravaggio Airport in Bergamo and the Amazon logistics hub in Casirate (BG). The "cargo" specialization of the Caravaggio airport in Bergamo, certified to manage all types of cargo aircraft up to An-124 without operating hour limitations, records performances that (based on 2018 data) in 2019 were around 9,851 tons of goods movement, up to 9.8% more than the previous year. These data confirm Bergamo Caravaggio Airport as the third most important freight airport at the national level after the airports of Milan Malpensa (48,823 tons, in and by 0.9%) and Rome Fiumicino (16,043 tons, up by 6.7%). The recently inaugurated Amazon hub logistics center in Casirate is a logistics hub developed on an area of 34 thousand square meters, and it led to the hiring of 400 workers during its first three years of activity. It can be considered as part of Amazon's strategy of breakthrough into the Italian market. In fact, they invested just under 2 billion euros to date in the development of new logistics hubs.
Religious tourism - The Santa Maria del Fonte Sanctuary in Caravaggio is a destination for Catholic worship to which about 300,000,000 visitors flow each year. This substantial influx makes it today the best known and most frequented place of Marian worship in Lombardy.
Overall, with 2,340,788 admissions and 1,212,980 arrivals, 2018 closed with a good result in terms of tourist flows for the Bergamo area. The total 2.0 % increase in presences compared to 2017 is given by the average between the percentage of growth in overnight stays of foreign tourists (+7.1 % over 2017) and that of presences of Italian tourists (-1.7 % over 2017).
Also worthy of note is the presence in the area of a commercial district, the DUC of Treviglio (a municipality adjacent to Caravaggio) born in 2008 as a project shared between the municipal administration and commercial operators, aimed at strengthening the attractiveness of the historic city center. In 2011, the desire to give new life to the initiative and overcome some critical issues encountered in the first start-up phase led to the decision to establish the Association of the Treviglio Commerce District.
In 2012, the Treviglio Commerce District officially obtained the TOCEMA Europe quality mark (QM Standard level). This recognition, in addition to the advantages in terms of communication and visibility at local, regional and international level, allows the District to participate in projects proposed by the Lombardy Region or developed within the European network.
The area within which the settlement opportunity of via Panizzardo is located in the southeastern part of the Municipality of Caravaggio. Also promoted with the AttrACT call, the area is 3.5Km away from the exit of the A35 - BreBeMi, 1km away from the railway station as well as from the historic center and extends for about 1Km along the longitudinal axis of the municipality until it intersects the SP185 - Rivoltana.
It is an active production area, mainly composed of large industrial warehouses, some of which have recently been renovated Regarding the activities present, the area appears to be very heterogeneous, thus not characterized by a connotation of a specific activity. Among these, the main activities concern: the production and processing of metals and plastics, mechanical transmissions and the supply of industrial plants. In addition, there are several small craft enterprises, such as body shops and carpentry shops, and large enterprises (mainly in the southern part), such as the Confectionery Industry Quaranta and Mombrini, (a company specializing in flooring), Sorem Trasmissioni Meccaniche, ABE Elettronica S.r.l. (company specializing in telecommunications).
Regardless of their state of implementation, the Territorial Coordination Plan of the Province of Bergamo also identifies three other projects - program agreements - persisting in the southern area of the province itself:
- the redevelopment of the factory in Crespi d'Adda: The project involves the rehabilitation of the former industrial area of more than 100,000 m2. and the former grounds area of 25,000 m2, which includes the factory area (90,000 m2.) and should include the creation of a tertiary and commercial hub, services, a production area, and a hospitality and museum part, as well as a parking lot and green areas.
- The construction of the "Polo del Lusso and Culture", Azzano San Paolo (BG): The project, which is under construction, envisions a 200,000m2 multifunctional complex for tertiary, commercial use, which will house a hotel, a health clinic, an office building, and a complex for tertiary and recreational use with a multiplex cinema, convention center, and spaces for exhibitions, concerts and parades.
- The redevelopment and tourist relaunch of the Minitalia Park, Capriate San Gervasio (BG) - The intervention involved the creation of a scientific thematic area, various tertiary, management, hospitality and congress functions, as well as museums, educational and recreational facilities, commercial and artisanal activities.
A proposal is underway for a widespread regeneration model for Caravaggio which focuses on the development of a "hybrid" model which envisages:
- bet on the manufacturing sector as a privileged one;
- bet on the development of hybrid activities in the historic center, no longer only commercial but also innovated through the mix of additional commercial, craft or service functions (Fab-Lab, co-working, etc.);
- lead to the creation of an urban business district (DUC);
- facilitate (still in the historic center) the temporary use of spaces also for educational initiatives related to production, innovation and manufacturing 4.0) on the in-depth model of the evolved cultural district;
- encourage the increase of the resident population, especially young people, young couples and workers, also by triggering processes of regeneration of unused public properties in the historic center or its vicinity.
The marketing activities for the creation of this widespread regeneration model are directed toward:
>> Creation of an Identity and sharing
>> Attracting investors
>> Partner involvment