Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF BELLANO (LC)
The former Cantoni cotton mill, a privately owned brownfield area of over 17,500 m2 of GFA (gross floor area of the building), identified as a settlement opportunity by the Municipality of Bellano, was sold to an art cultural foundation. The foundation will use the structure as a museum space divided into permanent and temporary exhibitions; it will also build a 2,000 mq auditorium that can accommodate up to 800 people (the only one of this size on Lake Como) and a boutique hotel with about 40 rooms.
To enhance the area, among the interventions carried out by the Municipality are the requalification of the SS 36 road with related sidewalks, road crossings, flower beds and urban furniture (baskets, bollards, barriers) and the translation into 7 languages of the Bellano portal. The latter contains all the practical and historical-cultural information for those who intend to invest in the area.
The Municipality also presented the redevelopment project of the "Ex collegio Giglio" through which create a social housing experience. It is a public area of 3,500 m2 of GFA for an estimated investment value of €3,000,000.
It also provides various economic and tax incentives for those who will settle in the area: a 20% reduction of TARI [waste disposal tax], urbanization and quality standard charges and any costs for changing designation of use.
It also provides various economic and tax concessions for those who will settle in the area: a 20% reduction in TARI, urbanization and quality standard charges and any charges for changing the intended use.
In detail, the Municipality implements the following actions:
• Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
• Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
• Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
• Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
• Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
• Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
• Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
• Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
• Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sure not to introduce additional expenses.
• Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 7.6‰ in the areas identified.
• Reduces the TARI [waste disposal tax] by 20% from the current amount.
• Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
• Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses by 20%.
• Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 20%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
• Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
• Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
• Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.