Agreement for attractiveness between
THE MUNICIPALITY OF RHO (MI)
The brownfield area, located in Via Volta in Rho, fully occupied by the so-called “Ex Magazzino del Cotone” building, represents a settlement opportunity for a multifunctional pole, thought for the university-age youth, in parallel to the development of the MIND area (post-Expo).
The functional recovery of the decommissioned building is an interesting urban regeneration opportunity, capable, on one hand, of generating income for the private investors, interested in implementing the intervention and on the other hand, allow the municipality to provide the city with new services and new settlement opportunities, in order to welcome part of the housing needs expressed by students, researchers, and operators, who are going to be settling in MIND. It also represents the opportunity to rethink about the ways of living, also meeting international needs, through dedicated services, with the provision of a mix of working and living spaces.
The existing building has a covered area of about 1,890 sqm and is high enough to allow, through a renovation, the creation of two new attics, which makes three total exploitable floors above ground, with a total surface of 5,670 sqm (1,890 x 3 sqm). The intervention area is located close to the city center, commercial activities and its services (including an auditorium, a new theater, schools and public offices). It is also well served by the local public transports (in less than 500 mt there is the F.S Rho Station and the bus terminus), which connects it in just a few minutes to the MM1 Rho-Fiera terminal, to the fair pole FIERAMILANO, to the MIND location and, in 15 minutes, to the Milan Garibaldi train station, and, lastly, it is also close to the SS Sempione and Rho-Monza, to the Milan ring road and to the A4 and A8 highways.
In the meantime, the Municipality of Rho redeveloped the pedestrian path, which connects the railway station and the area subject to settlement opportunity, along Turin Street.
Related to the settlement opportunity, the Municipality of Rho has also planned the following interventions for simplification, economic-fiscal incentives and promotion and assistance of the private investor interested in the investment:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sure not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate exemption for the identified areas.
- Provides a TARI [waste disposal tax] exemption for the first two years.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses by 20%.
- Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 20%. Tradurre la frase sopra in rosso
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
Why investing in Rho?
A rich and articulated infrastructure system: Rho is the junction point of the ring road and motorway system just at the north-west of Milan, from which radially start the connecting roads to the territories of Varese and Novara. Many road public transport lines, both urban and intercity, serve the Municipality. Cycle and cycle-pedestrian paths network, which is rather large both looking within the Municipality and between towns, complete the mobility offer. Rho depicts the deep transformation of the productive system in the North-West of Milan, which experienced an increasing importance of the services, connected to infrastructural interventions (the fair pole) and to the spread of the effects of the Malpensa airport hub.
Milan Innovation District (MIND): the territory is affected by the enhancement and redevelopment project of the Expo Milano 2015 site. It is presented as an international innovation environment, recognizing a prominent centrality to the public functions of the Human Technopole, the IRCSS Galeazzi and the Campus of the State University of Milan, and to those of general interest of Cascina Triulza, the social housing and the thematic Park.
Urban transformation of other locations: some potential and positive impacts on Rho are also expected from the transformation projects involving the areas of ex Alfa Romeo, Cascina Merlata, Bovisa and Scalo Farini.
Strategic Plan of the Rho Municipality: recently, Rho adopted a multi-year programmatic document, to manage and better deal with the developing and attractive processes of the area.