Todarello and Partners
T&P can provide assistance with the incorporation of companies, the establishment of associations, foundations, temporary grouping of economic operators (so called “ATI”) and consortia, from the arrangement of the relevant statutes and certificates of incorporation, shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements to supporting the company’s governing bodies in all administration activities.
With respect to extraordinary and M&A transactions, the Firm advises clients in all the relevant phases, from contractual drafting to due diligence, from negotiations to the implementation of the agreements, corporate compliance and related regulations.
The Firm can also assist its clients with business contracts, by drafting all types of trade agreements, supply, distribution, franchising, agency, awards of contracts, licensing and out-sourced technology services.
- ENERGY - The energy sector – with its diverse and varied ramifications (in particular gas and electricity from traditional and renewable sources) – is one of the core practice areas of T&P. The Firm assists several leading national and international operators at upstream, downstream and logistics levels. Together with day by day consultancy activities, our law firm also represents its clients before the relevant Regulatory Authorities and the jurisdictional Courts.
- UTILITES AND PUBLIC SERVICES - T&P advises public bodies and prominent private Italian and international enterprises on issues relating to the award of contracts for the management of public services (such as urban waste, public transport, distribution of gas and electricity, water supply, district heating etc.). The Firm also advises on issues concerning in-house providing, the setting-up of state-owned companies, mixed ownership corporations and privately owned utility companies and the reorganization of internal management processes.
- PUBLIC PROCUREMENT (WORKS, SERVICES AND SUPPLIES), CONCESSIONS AND PROJECT FINANCE - Public Procurement is another main area of specialization of T&P. The Firm advises its clients over all the different phases of the selection procedure (evaluation and interpretation of tender clauses, preparation of offer, prerequisites evaluation, setting up of a Syndicate) up to the address of potential administrative (e.g. tenders legal challenge, exclusions and award measures) or civil contentious issues (e.g. disputes arising from the execution of the contract). The Firm also provides assistance to both private and public entities in all phases of project financing procedures, including the drafting of all legal documents, the setting-up of project-companies and all related activities.
- ENVIRONMENTAL LAW - Environmental law is a rapidly expanding sector within T&P and the Firm has recently been involved in some of the most important Italian clean up procedures of contaminated lands. Moreover, T&P has an extensive experience on waste management, air emissions, water discharge, emissions trading and climate change, with a particular focus on the administrative, civil and criminal responsibilities stemming from the lack of compliance with environmental law. Furthermore, in connection with the construction of power plants, the Firm is frequently involved in resolving legal issues related to IPPC authorizations, the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), the screening and assessment of projects falling within the scope of the Habitat EU directive.
- HEALTHCARE AND PHARMACEUTICAL LAW - Pharmaceutical practice is one of the most vital for the Firm, which advises some of the most prominent multinationals on issues relating to marketing authorizations (MAs), promotional strategies, CE marking of medical devices, co-promotion and co-marketing contracts, drafting and negotiation of interventional and non-interventional clinical trial agreements as well as tender procedures and relating contentious issues.
- REAL ESTATE, TOWN PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION - In this field T&P assists builders, developers and real estate contractors on all legal aspects of their activities, including the assessment and clarification of construction and town planning issues as well as the negotiation of partnerships with private entities and public administrations. The Firm also assists public administrations in the drafting of general development plans and related guidelines and acts of implementation.
- COMMUNICATIONS LAW - In this area, T&P advises clients on all matters of administrative and civil law, also regarding the construction of new fiber optic networks at the local level, with particular attention to regulations, urban planning, corporate and project financing.
- TRADE LAW - T&P assists private and public operators in the trade sector, with particular attention to the authorization procedures for the establishment and/or localization of small, medium and large shopping centres and other trading organizations.
- EUROPEAN LAW AND COMPETITION -T he Firm provides advice on issues of European law, such as those relating to the four freedoms of movement within the European Union (workers, goods, services and capitals). In the field of competition law, T&P, as well as on general issues, can also advice and assist clients with appeals before the TAR (Regional Administrative Courts), in particular with the challenge of sanctions issued by the Antitrust authority.
- CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL LAW - T&P can provide assistance with the incorporation of companies, the establishment of associations, foundations, temporary grouping of economic operators (so called “ATI”) and consortia, from the arrangement of the relevant statutes and certificates of incorporation, shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements to supporting the company’s governing bodies in all administration activities.With respect to extraordinary and M&A transactions, the Firm advises clients in all the relevant phases, from contractual drafting to due diligence, from negotiations to the implementation of the agre ements, corporate compliance and related regulations.The Firm can also assist its clients with business contracts, by drafting all types of trade agreements, supply, distribution, franchising, agency, awards of contracts, licensing and out-sourced technology services.